- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
A staff member has deleted a large number of items records in error. They still exist on our test server (which has a snapshot of the production data).
Is there a way to extract them and load them back into production?
Either p_file_04 (with Append) or p_file_06 could be used to load a file of missing item records, but extracting them is a bit more complicated....
I suggest this:
On the test server:
1. find a library which doesn't have a z30 table
2. add z30 to the file_list
3. use util a/17/1 to create the table
4. use sql to copy the desired items from the abc50 z30 to the xxxnn z30
5. use p_file_03 to export the xxxnn z30
6. ftp the z30.seqnn from test ./xxxnn/files/ to prod ./abc50/files/
7. use p_file_04 (with Append) or p_file_06 to load the z30.seqnn on Prod
8. use this SQL to remove the xxxnn z30 on test:
SQL-XXXNN> drop table z30;
9. remove the z30 entry from the xxxnn file_list on test.
(keywords: file-06 file_06 p-file-06 p-file-04 file_04 file-04)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013