- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
How can we create a new trigger, say znn_trigger_9, which would cause the column yy in the zmm table to be updated when column xx in the znn table is updated?
1. Use the ./alephm/sql_tab/z105h_trigger.sql as znn_trigger_9.sql as a model, updating it appropriately for this case. (It may be that in certain cases one of the other .slq trigger files would be more applicable as a template for your new one.)
2. Add a znn_trigger_9 entry to the file_list of the library in which the znn table is located, like this:
(Examples can be seen in the $aleph_root/tab/file_list.USR .)
3. Do util a/17/6/1 to create the trigger, and util a/17/6/2 to enable the trigger.
4. Do util a/17/6/4 to confirm that the trigger has been enabled.
- Article last edited: Feb 7, 2016