- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
We have added a new filing routine (such as dewey_call_no). What do we need to do to implement it?
What filing routines are used in building a particular index is determined by the value in column 5 of the xxx01/tab/tab00.eng.
This 2-digit value points to a particular set of routines in the xxx01/tab/tab_filing.
If the index has "27" as the filing routine in tab00.eng, then the lines which have "27" in their first column in tab_filing are the lines which will be used.
Any filing routine should include a "delete_subfield" line.
After making this change you need to do this to test it:
1. stop (UTIL-E-2) and restart (UTIL-E-1) the xxx01 ue_01 process
2. re-send several documents shown above to the server
3. search for them and see if they are in the order they want.
4. Then, assuming the routine is working, if the index is a Direct index, p_manage_05 needs to be run; if the index is a Headings index, the p_manage_02 series of jobs needs to be run.
new filing routine
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013