- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
Holdings records created in the Cataloging GUI client are taking the language code, 008 position 22-24, from the BIB record.
Our policy is that the language of the HOL record is always English, reflecting the language of the cataloging (not the material being cataloged).
* fix_doc_lng_from_bib has been commented out in abc60's tab_fix;
* the 008 position 22-24 line has been commented out in check_doc_field_008 (after trying unsuccessfully to set eng as the valid value in col.7).
* UTF files have been cleared;
* the pc_server has been restarted;
* ue-01 has been restarted.
What am I missing?
From v16.02, a new variable, HOL-008-LNG, has been added to the tab100 table of the holdings library. The new variable determines how the language of the 008 field of the holdings record is created.
The following options are available:
0 - the language code is set to the defaults specified in the xxx60 tab_tag_text table.
1 - the language is taken from the Bibliographic record based on standard system rules (i.e. 008, 041, etc.).
Note that the new variable should be specified in the tab100 table of the HOLdings library. The default remains 1.
To specify that the default should be taken from the tab_tag_text table, add the following line to the tab100 table of the holdings library: HOL-008-LNG=0
language code, holdings records
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013