- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
* The link to Google Books (in the OPAC full view) is not displayed at all, or
* It is only displayed after clicking a warning "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?"
Google Books API does not support HTTPS connections.
No solution for HTTPS connections available. If you want to use the Google Books API, you should provide the search and result pages in simple HTTP mode.
See http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/books-api/general-discussion/N7aKzDI03pQ : "Please note that currently our API does not support HTTPS connections."
The results differ in each browser:
* Firefox: The API works without problems even under HTTPS.
* Internet Explorer: The above-mentioned message is displayed, and only after clicking "No" the Google Books part can be seen.
* Chrome: The API does not work at all under HTTPS.
Category: Web OPAC (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013