- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Searching in the GUI client for material type ISSBD produces no hits. All other materials types *do* produce results; there lots of items with z30_material ISSBD:
Bound Periodical Chemistry Library 22,625
Bound Periodical South Branch Library 416
Note: The index being used is the WMT word index, built via the following xxx01 tab11_word entry:
PST## o 03 WMT
That is, subfield "o" from the (virtual) PST field is being used to build it.
The PST programs, used to produce the Location display, intentionally exclude individual bound issues -- to avoid a 1000-line display. See Additional information, below.
As described in KB 5534 ("Do bound issues have to change to material type ISSBD?"), "ISSBD" is the z30_material value for the individual bound issues.
The bound volume as a whole has a z30_material value of "ISSUE".
Perhaps there's confusion due to the description of ISSBD as "Bound Periodical".
* If there's confusion due to the description of "ISSBD" as "Bound Periodical", change the description in ./xxx50/tab/tab25.eng to "Bound Issue".
* If a separate index entry for each bound issue is really desired, rather than using the PST $$o, use the expand_doc_bib_z30 routine (to expand the z30_material into the bib record) under the tab_expand WORD label. The expansion of z30 fields into the bib record is described in KB 4116 ("What is expand_doc_bib_z30? What fields can be included in it?")
The following comment appears in the expand_doc_bib_loc_1_b program which extracts the item information:
* Map issbd and issue material types
* into same line. They are not really different from
* a loc/pst perspective
Category: Cataloging (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013