- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
Relevant for German/Austrian MAB customers only:
We are a local system belonging to a German speaking Aleph consortia (hbz, BVB or acc) and in the move to the new GND authority data.
What steps do we have to perform after the local setup was customized according to the information we received from our consortia?
Please find a PPT presentation (in German) attached with some details.
1) First you have to update the BIB data via p_manage_103.
2) For indexing the changed records you have multiple options:
Option 1: Indexing via ue_01
This is preferred solution for small and medium libraries.
The advantage of this option is that the library is not locked and you can continue to work in your Aleph system. But it may take up to several weeks until all Z07/Z07A records are processed. For the data update caused by move to GND, indexing via ue_01 is sufficent. But if at the same time you are doing other changes in indexing tables or you want to repair data inconsistencies in your index table, full reindexing (option 2) may be needed.
These are the alternatives to index via ue_01:
- The procedure p_manage_103 is creating Z07-records for every updated record. So you can just wait till ue_01 has handled all these records. The priority of these records is 1998 like for all other updated records (see section "2.2.1 Prioritizing the Ongoing Indexing" in document "System Librarian’s Guide - Indexing" for more information on indexing priority). So indexing of records updated via other tools (e.g. data replication) may be delayed during this time.
- You may delete the z07 records (util a 17 1) created by p_manage_103 and later create chunks of Z07-records using p_manage_40. Using variable "setenv z07_p_manage_40" you can define a certain priority for these records (e.g. 2000) so that these records are processed with lower priority as other updated catalog records who have priority 1998.
Option 2: Full reindexing via services
This option is causing downtime as the jobs are locking the library.
The following batches/daemons have to be executed in BIB library in following sequence:
- ue_08, drop z07 afterwards! (util a 17 1)
- Only for customer using local classification data (ABC13): p_manage_02 (with Option "3", Update headings index (when using a multilingual thesaurus)
- p_manage_12 (Delete All Links: No ; Check Old Records: Yes !!)
- p_manage_17 (This service does not lock the library. So you are able to use the system while it is running.)
Please ensure that you have full backup at any stage of the progress in order that you do not need to repeat long-running batch services in case of problems in later batches.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013