Overdue item returns: patron is not suspended
- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
* When a patron returns late an item he is not blocked and can loan other items even though the item status for the specific patron status defines a loan block in case of late return
* The item status for the specific patron status has Fine method 5 (overlapping block date) in col.14 in ./xxx50/tab/tab16
The transaction for late return is not active in ./xxx50/tab/tab18.lng
1. Open ./xxx50/tab/18.lng
2. For transaction number 0003 (late return) activate (Y) for cash transaction registration in col. 5. Example:
0003 ##### ## ## Y 0.00 Late return
3. The cash transaction creates the block date.
4. A library which uses type 5 as the fine method usually doesn't want to charge money for late return, only to block the user for a few days. Nevertheless it needs to activate "register cash transaction" for the 0003 (late return) lines in /xxx50/tab/tab18.lng by placing a "Y" in column 5. This is required in order for Fine methods 5 or 6 to work.
Same configuration is needed for libraries which use type 6 (cumulative block date) as fine method in ./xxx50/tab/tab16
Category: Circulation (500)
Subject: Loans (500)
- Article last edited: 23-Apr-2018