- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
When does a value need to be entered into the Prefix column in util g/2? The xxx10 util g/2 has the library code for certain sequences. Should it be present for the others as well?
It is not necessary or desirable to use the library code as a prefix. The only exceptions are cases
1. where the value of the counter appears as a file name, such as, change-file-name and last-file-number;
2. where there are multiple ADM libraries, and patron barcodes or ID's for different ADMs are mingled in the single z303 and z308 -- examples of this are the last-bor-id and last-bor-id-1
3. where a prefix can help users to distinguish what type of data it is without needing to analyze it, such as the prefix of "B" for last-barcode-number.
The USMnn demo libraries' util g/2 can be used as a guide in making such decisions.
- Article last edited: 28-Feb-2016