- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 17.01
Suppressed documents (documents with the "STA $a Suppressed" or "circ_created", etc., field) are displaying in the Web OPAC.
Go to the CCL/Command search in the Web and enter in this command: "wst = suppressed" (or "wst = circ-created ")
1. If you get the message "Error parsing Find request", that indicates that the wst index is not defined in tab00.eng.
2. If you get results, that indicates that the wst exists but the records are not being excluded from the base you are using. If the www_server has not been restarted since tab_base.eng was changed, restart it.
2a. If the problem part is "circ-created", try doing "wst = circ" to see if that correctly excludes the records. (There sometimes seems to be a problem with the inclusion of the hyphen in the "circ-".)
3. To make a particular base the default in the Web OPAC, it needs to be specified in the "ALEPH" profile: dlib to vir01 and do UTIL-F-4 for the Z61. Specify "ALEPH" as the key. Check the Z61-BASE value. You can also see (and change) this in the GUI Admin Profiles. If the patron is logged in, then you need to get the "PROFILE-ID" from the patron's user record (Z303) and check the Z61-BASE specified in *that* profile.
4. If the base is correctly set in the profile, then examine the entry for the base in alephe/tab/tab_base.eng (UTIL-Y-3):
* Does this entry have "alldocuments not" wst= qualifiers? It should. (See example below.)
* Do these qualifiers have proper parentheses? Example:
alldocuments not (wst=suppressed or wst=deleted or wst=circ-created)
* Is the tab_base entry a single logical line or is the second, etc., line separate? (If so, it is being ignored.) (As you move your cursor down does it jump over the second and third line? It should. If not, use the "vi" command SHIFT + J to join them.)
alldocuments not ((wst=circ-created and wcl=music) or wst=suppressed or wst=deleted or wst=reserve)
5. If none of the above apply, compare the $aleph_utf/utf_files/exlibris/aleph/u16_1/alephe/tab/tab_base.eng to the $alephe_tab/tab_base.eng. The former is the one which is actually being used. To force the latter to be used you can make an update to it (to change its timestamp) or run UTIL-X-7.
Note: It seems that in v15.2 "all not" can be used instead of "alldocuments not".
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013