- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
After installing the latest Aleph 21 AIK on a new server, there are problems with jboss. A symbolic link was pointing to an older version of java in the /exlibris/aleph/a20_1/product/local directory.
Differences exist in the contents of /exlibris/product and /exlibris/aleph/a20_1/product/local on the current server vs. the newly
installed server. There are several products (jdk, openssl, linklist, httpd, instantclient, util, gnu_ghostscript, jpeg) that appear to be older on our new server.
It seems that a third-party product upgrade has been omitted from the AIK.
Step 5.4 of the Aleph installation Kit did not include the upgrade of the 3rd-party products. (See Additional Information below for details.)
Shut down all Aleph 20 processes on the new server.
Execute the following Aleph utilities to upgrade the 3rd-party products:
> util sp
SP. Service Pack Management
6. Download 3rd party products update
7. Check 3rd party product download status
8. Extract products updates
9. Update 3rd party soft links
10. Run Third party product OS pre checks
Comparing the versions of the 3rd-party software products installed in the directory /exlibris/product on each server,
* on the existing server, the 3rd-party products were upgraded in April 2012 when Aleph Service Pack 20.2.6 was installed. (See attached e-mail for announcement by Ex Libris Support.)
* on the new server tlhlxils01-prd, the current Aleph Service Pack 20.2.9 was installed in Step 5.4 of the Aleph 20 installation on 23 April 2013. However, Step 5.4 of the Aleph installation Kit did not include the upgrade of the 3rd-party products.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013