- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 21
When trying to update a record in Cataloging, the following message appears: "Record was last updated by a higher level cataloger. Your changes will not be saved on the server."
What should be done to correct this?
Follow these steps to correct this:
1. Select "View record's catalogers" (under "Edit Actions") to see what the current Cat Level of the record is (and also the name of the last Cataloger).
2. Log on with a log-in which has a Cat Level equal to or higher than this. (If uncertain of the Cat Level for a particular log-in, check the Staff Privileges - Modify User option.).
3. Call up the record and do "Save on Server and local drive". There will be a "Saving record in library ..." pop-up.
4. At the bottom of this screen there will be a "Change Cataloger Level" option. Use this to lower the record's Cat level needed and then click on Continue.
Category: Cataloging (500)
Subject: Create / Edit records (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013