Skip to main content
ExLibris
  • Subscribe by RSS
  • Ex Libris Knowledge Center

    Two 035 fields in records imported from OCLC

    • Article Type: General
    • Product: Aleph
    • Product Version: 17.01

    Description:
    Although I have made the changes to our OCLC matching script suggested by Ex Libris tech support , our OCLC records are still not matching properly. I believe the reason is that records imported from OCLC end up with two 035 fields. I tried commenting out fix_doc_OCLC and using instead fix_doc_OCLC_2 in tab_fix, but then the imported records had *no* 035 fields.

    Resolution:
    You want to remove fix_doc_usm_001 from your OCLC fix routine in tab_fix. What it does is to take the 001 field (which would be the OCLC number in an OCLC record) and the 003 field and create a new 035 field from these in the form 035 $$a<OCLC number>$$b<003 field>. This is the source of one of your 035 fields. Then, you have fix_doc_oclc, which takes the 001 and 003 fields and creates an 035 in the form: 035 $$a(<003 field>)<OCLC number>. This is the other 035 that you're getting in these records. I think you only need one of these, and the right one is from fix_doc_oclc.


    • Article last edited: 10/8/2013