- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
* After restarting the WWW Server the USM01 was used as base library instead of the correct base (XXX01)
* The OPAC did not work properly as a result
* Starting the WWW Server once again solved the problem
Deletion of files with util x/7 and parallel access of table $alephe_tab/tab_base.lng by 2 programs when creating the new utf_file
In general the system uses 'USM01' if the base defined in variable www_base cannot be found in table $alephe_tab/tab_base.lng.
* Avoid regular deletion of utf_files with util x/7
* Restart the WWW Server to read the complete utf_file
When 2 programs simultaneously try to access a an Aleph table (such as $alephe_tab/tab_base.lng), it can happen that the second program uses an empty or incomplete version of this table.
The problem happens in the following situation:
The WWW Server and one additional process (e.g. ue_01) try to read file $alephe_tab/tab_base.lng at the same time. To make the file "readable" a UTF version of the file is created and stored in $aleph_utf/utf_files. If this file does not exist, the first program creates it. The WWW Server trying to access the file a moment later finds a file - although still empty or incomplete - and uses it. Therefore the base XXX01 cannot be found.
Category: Web OPAC (500)
Subject: Web server (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013