- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
Desired Outcome Goal:
Update barcode of existing Item
1. When Item barcode is supplied in the Bib record, use the Create Holdings and Item Records Using Bibliographic Data (manage-50), option "Replace item record".
2. The program first deletes the existing item and then uses the item and holding information from the 'Item / Holdings Creation Table' to recreate the item.
3. Set up Item Status and Material Type in Mapping table.
Item status and Material type can't be taken from expanded field (e.g., PST) because the Item is deleted before the expand is created. HOL info can be taken from PST.
- Article last edited: 15-May-2016