- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 21
Rush Recall late return fine occurs on overdue recalls
* A book was recalled and returned on the same day past the Due Hour, producing a $0.50 fine plus Rush Recall late return fine of $4.00
* An item was recalled and returned 1 day late and also past the Due Hour, producing a $0.50 fine plus Rush Recall late return fine of $8.00
This behavior results from the xxx50/tab/tab100 parameter, UPDATE-RECALL-DATE = Y
In the scenario described, if stacked recall functionality
* IS required, but the fines are incorrect, then adjust xxx50/tab/tab18, so fines for "rush recalls" are no different than regular recalls.
* is NOT required, then set xxx50/tab/tab100 UPDATE-RECALL-DATE = N.
Note: "stacked recalls" = when an item is automatically recalled because it is requested by a 3rd patron at the time it is loaned
* KB # 6013 (z36-recall-date; p_cir_13; UPDATE-RECALL-DATE switch) and # 28451 (What Does UPDATE-RECALL-DATE Do?) discuss this parameter and its role in "stacked recalls".
Category: Circulation (500)
Subject: Hold requests (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013