- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
Running cir-20 (Remote Storage Request Arrival) with input barcodes for sublibrary MAIN requests: "Pickup location of request not valid for transit".
Lack of Sublibrary z305 (Patron's local information) record.
Create a z303 (Global patron information) record for MAIN, with a z305 Local patron record with a special (sublibrary) borrower status -- as described in article "Items not being put in-transit (due to lack of sublibrary patron record)" (KB 16384-42547).
This message is produced by program b_cir_20_a under two conditions:
1. $alephe_tab/tab_sub_library.lng, column 2 (Sublibrary Type), is "3" and there is no z303 record for the sublibrary code
2. $alephe_tab/ tab_sub_library.lng, column 2 (Sublibrary Type), is something other than "3" and there is no z303 record for the z37_pickup_location.
In this case sublibrary MAIN is sublibrary type "1". Thus, the applicable condition is number 2.
The b_cir_20_a program has the following logic:
* if the pickup location is a sublibrary of type 3, item should be
* first transferred to its home sublibrary.
IF SW-SUB-LIB-TYPE-3 = "Y"
MOVE Z30-SUB-LIBRARY TO Z303-ID
MOVE Z37-PICKUP-LOCATION TO Z303-ID
CALL "io_z303" USING
IF ERROR-CODE NOT = ZERO THEN
DISPLAY "Error: " REC-IN-BARCODE " " Z303-ID
DISPLAY "Pickup location of request not valid "
DISPLAY "for transit"
The pc_cir_c0442 and pc_cir_list_sublibs programs, used in GUI returns, have similar logic.
- Article last edited: 02-Mar-2016