configuration to send SMS messages to library patrons
- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Desired Outcome Goal:
How to configure tables to send SMS messages to library patrons
Preconditions to send messages by SMS:
1. The patron has a valid SMS number in his patron card - Address Information node.
2. In the Global Patron Information node the box "Receive SMS" must be checked.
3. Define the sms_server in the $alephe_root/aleph_start file with Jboss IP and port
4. List forms that will trigger SMS sending in ./xxx50/tab/form_sms table in the ADM library
5. The SMS messages are defined in $aleph_root/error_lng/sms_messages table.
6. entry 0072 in tab18.lng must be set with the relevant charge.
For further information consult (in Documentation center):
1. > Ex Libris Documentation > Aleph > Support > How To from Support by Subject > Miscellaneous > "SMS Messaging in Aleph 500 Version 20 and up"
2. > Ex Libris Documentation > Cross-Product > SMS Proxy > SMS Proxy User Guide.pdf
Category: Circulation (500)
Subject: Table configuration (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013