- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 21
Desired Outcome Goal:
Set up call number counters for each sub-library using the call-number-xxxx parameter in util g/2
AL500\ALEPHCOM\TAB\alephcom.ini > [ExpandField]
2 = the user must type a call number in the field or activate a counter by typing ? and the code of the counter that is defined in UTIL G/2.
* This functionality can be used in the Cataloging module when creating items and in the Acquisitions module when adding a subscription.
* There are ExpandField's for both the Item Form "Call No." and "Second Call No." fields (and in the Serials module > Subscription Form).
* This can only be done if the holdings record is NOT used for control of the call number.
* Settings include assign manually in each field by typing in text, choose from a drop-down menu, fill in a form, or activate a counter by typing ? and the code of the counter.
* The counter must be set in the ADM library util g/2 call-number-xxxx parameter
* For a detailed description of this process, see the System Librarian's Guide > Items (section 6)
Category: Cataloging - ALEPH
Subject: Items - ALEPH
- Article last edited: 2/25/2014