- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
The following error message appears in the www_server log, when viewing a new license file with util /y/11, or elsewhere:
license_check [err]: No match for IP address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
IP Address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the correct IP address for the server.
This "No match for IP address" license_check error will occur:
1. when there is no IP-ADDRESS line in the $alephe_tab/license file for the ip-address ("XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX") shown in the error message;
2. when spaces between the IP parameter and the IP value are removed (these spaces need to remain);
3. when the IP address is an internal address (usually 10.nnn.nnn.nnn) and is missing from the /etc/hosts file;
4. when the IP address is 127.000.000.001 and is missing from the /etc/hosts file;
5. when the IP address is 000.000.000.000.
1. request a license which includes an IP-ADDRESS line for this IP address
2. copy the license exactly as it appears -- including all extra spaces (-- see Additional Information below)
3. Add the IP address to the /etc/hosts file
4. See the article license_check [err]: No match for IP address 127.000.000.001
5. See the article www_server: "license_check [err]: No match for IP address 000.000.000.000"
- Spatial compression of license data most often results from license data being placed directly in a Salesforce Comment (-- Salesforce compresses multiple spaces)
- To check for spatial compression in a license file copy the license and paste it into Notepad
- If multiple spaces are not present between a parameter and value or if license values do not appear in a straight column, the license will result in a license_check error
- Article last edited: 6-Mar-2018