- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
The space usage for /exlibris1 partition, holding only oradata, is at 96%. Note: This is under RMAN.
RMAN settings needed adjustment.
1) Change the Redundancy value in RMAN from 1 to 3. This will allow a 3-backup rotation schedule. (A value of 1 indicates no rotation at all.)
2) Change the Archive Log Deletion value from <default> (meaning don?€™t ever remove Archive Logs) to 30, which will retain only the last 30 days of Archives, supporting the 3-backup rotation schedule (and assuming a weekly cold backup).
3) Manually delete all old Archive Logs older than 45 days. (In this case, reducing the Use% value of the /exlibris1 file system from 97% to 21%.)
4) Run CROSSCHECK in RMAN to re-synchronize it with the manual deletion of old Archives (performed in the preceding step 3).
5) Restart Oracle to make the RMAN changes take effect. (The next cold backup will do this automatically.)
This should be handled by the Oracle database administrator.
Category: Oracle (500)
- Article last edited: 8/21/2014