- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
On an Ex-Libris-hosted server, after going to Aleph version 23, ue_01 is 30% slower than it was in version 20. (This was tested by using manage-40 to generate z07's for the same group of bib records in v20 and v23 and comparing the processing time.)
The Ex Libris DBA Team did the following:
1) Follow standard procedure to configure huge page for Oracle, which uses 40% of system RAM (15G) for oracle SGA_TARGET size and set PGA size to 600M with PGA maximum limit to 2G. That makes (SGA+PGA)~=50% of RAM.
2) Configured Oracle listener.ora with INBOUND connection timeout value = 120 and sqlnet.ora with timeout = 180.
- Article last edited: 17-Jul-2016