- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
After moving the /exlibris filesystem to network-attached storage (NFS),
1. the aleph_startup script hangs when the ue_01 processes are being started. The script stops at the point that ue_01 is being started for the 2nd library in $WORD_STARTUP_LIBS. The last script sourced is $aleph_proc/def_lib_env; when uh_01_a is executing.
2. checking server status with util w ("Server and Daemon Management") is slow.
See Resolution below.
1. Site was able to get around this problem by redefining $TMPDIR to reside on /tmp.
2. Change the mount options per chapter 3 of Ex Libris Documentation Center > Cross-Product > Technical Documentation > System Requirements > "Operating System Requirements for the Sun Platform".
Site also had the problem of the pc_server and www_server not starting successfully. (Although they appeared to start, clients were unable to connect.) Shutting down the servers, deleting $alephe_tab/server_info and ./server_info_childs, and restarting the servers fixed that problem. (Though it may be that the underlying problem was the mount options described in #2 above.)
See also Article 000016416 (KB 16384-3715) ("uh_01_a processes connected to aleph sluggishness").
- Article last edited: 3/13/2014