- Product: Alma
In order to use our holding template, we first select "Add holdings" in the Metadata Editor, then "Expand from template" in order to use our holdings template. We realise that not all the fields defined in our template are being used. For example field 852 remains as is instead of being replaced with the field in the template.
Rather than using the “Expand from Template” option, do the following workflow:
1. Open the Bib record in the MD Editor.
2. Click on the Templates tab (left pane), then click the Holdings Template you wish to use.
3. From the drop-down menu associated with the template, click New.
4. This will then add a new Holdings record with the settings from your template.
The “expand from template” workflow is designed to bring in additional fields e.g. prediction patterns, rather than to overlay or merge with an existing holding record.
- Article last edited: 14-Feb-2018