- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Alma
How to resolve the error "XML loaded is missing letter type Tag", when using "Notification Template"?
This tool is found in: ADMINISTRATION > General Configuration > Configuration Menu.
A step was missing when loading and testing the XML for Letter Customization.
The workflow is:
1. Go to: General Configuration Menu
2. Click the Notification Template
3. Click: XML to Upload
4. Find the XML file
5. Click: Save
At this stage, the upload is confirmed by Alma, and the Letter Type is displayed: https://www.screencast.com/t/Cma4ppKmnX4n
6. Proceed, e.g. by clicking: Send by email
7. Fill-in your email address
8. Click: Run XSL
Instead of emailing, it is possible to view results on the screen, by skipping steps #6-7.
1. "How To" documentation can be found at:
2. Screenshots regarding the process mentioned in this article are found in step FIVE, second screenshot, at:
3. Customers asked for examples for such letters. This exists in: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/blog/Alma-letters-XML-samples-for-working-on-XSL-customization