- Product: Alma
A letter is enabled, why is the notice still not sending?
- Loan Receipts and Return Receipts are configured for the circulation desk, but patrons do not receive the notice
- Cancellation notices are not sending when holds are cancelled, even when the Notify User box is checked
- Courtesy and Overdue Notices are scheduled, but the job report for the "Notifications - Send Due Date Reminders Status" job says that it "failed to send overdue notice letters to users."
There may be a customization issue with the XSL template for the letter.
- Check that the letter and XSL are configured correctly
- Go to Configuration > General > Letters Configuration
- Find the affected letter, select Row Actions > Edit
- Click Preview Letter
- Error appears, indicating a line in the XSL template that is incorrect.
- Example errors: "line 14: Required attribute 'test' is missing," "line 26: Template 'toWhomIsConcerned' not defined in this stylesheet"
If the letter can be previewed without error, but the notice still does not send, please open a case in the Support Portal.
Find more information in the Online Help about customizing letter XML style sheets.
- Article last edited: 28-Oct-2019