How do I create a set to close lost loans?
- Do an advanced search for physical items.
- Choose the condition "Process type = Lost"
- Choose the condition "Modification date (item) before date" (choose any date you like).
- Save the query and choose a set name (e.g. "Lost loans")
- Go to "Admin" -> "Run a job"
- Select "Close lost loans" and run the job, by selecting the previously saved set.
Of course you may create the set in any other way, for example from a file of item barcodes. Note that the job will remove loans from patron accounts but unpaid fines will remain on their accounts. The item status is changed to "Missing".
- Article last edited: 16-Mar-2018