- Product: Alma
How do I create list of user logins to distribute for the Alma Premium Sandbox for refresh?
You can create a set of Generic Users for common job positions and to retain the users after the next Premium Sandbox refresh.
A. Before the next Premium Sandbox (PSB) Refresh:
1. PSB: CREATE USER GROUP FOR GENERIC USERS
- Assign your generic users to a user group that is only for those accounts; this will simplify the export process.
2. PSB: EXPORT GENERIC USERS
- When you are happy with your generic users, navigate to any SIS (User) integration profile.
- Go to the Actions tab and scroll down to the EXPORT USERS section
- Select a User Group and fill in values for all of the "Days Since" fields and click Run
- Locate the file on your FTP server and save it somewhere (you will need to add the .xml extension to the end of the file to open it).
3. PROD: CREATE SIS (USER) INTEGRATION PROFILE
- Create a SIS integration profile you can use later to load the generic users back into Alma.
- Specify a unique directory on your FTP server for this purpose.
b. After PSB Refresh and subsequent refreshes:
1. PSB: RELOAD GENERIC USERS
- Zip up the xml file you saved as explained above.
(Make sure the xml file has the .xml extension on it before you zip it.)
- Copy the zip file to the FTP directory you specified above.
- Use the SIS (User) integration profile you created to import your users back into the PSB.
- Article last edited: 2-Sept-2021