- Product: Alma
How can passwords for internal users in the Premium Sandbox be managed so they don't reset after a PSB refresh?
To ensure that passwords for internal user are not reset after every PSB refresh, the passwords should be reset using the reset password link.
1. To create a reset password link for the PSB environment use the generic URL template below:
https://<your Alma domain>/view/resetPw?institutionCode=<inst code>&backUrl=<Primo’s URL>
For the <your Alma domain> and <Primo's URL> values use the domain and URLs associated with your PSB environment.
For example, the Alma domain to use may follow a similar pattern:
The Primo URL may follow this pattern:
2. In PSB, ensure that the "Reset Password Letter" is enabled and the user's email address has been added to the "Allowed Emails" table in (Configuration > General > Allowed Emails).
3. Navigate to the URL created in Step 1 and fill out the form for the user. This will send the Reset Password Letter to the user's email.
4. Follow the instructions in the Reset Password Letter to reset the password. This will change the password in Ex Libris Identity Service and ensure that the password is not reset after every PSB refresh going forward.
- Article last edited: 16-Aug-2022