The following password considerations are applicable with the Ex Libris Identity Service:
- The password strength cannot be configured.
- The password does not have an expiry date.
- The password locks for 30 minutes after five unsuccessful login attempts.
- When a staff user enters a wrong user and password combination on the Alma login page, the error message includes a Forgot password? link, which links to the reset password page. In order to display a Forgot Password option in Primo/PrimoVE, a configuration update is required. For more information, see the knowledge article, How to add a 'Forgot My Password' link to the login page in the new UI when using Alma for authentication.
Identity service labels can be configured in the Internal Login Messages code table. See Configuring Identity Service Labels.
For Alma users, a Reset Password Letter is sent to an individual user by selecting the Reset your password for the identity service option in the Send message drop-down list on the User Details page. The letter is sent to a group of users by running the Update/Notify Users job and selecting the Identity Service mail option in the Send notification to user drop-down list on the job parameters page.
- The new password must be at least eight characters long and cannot include the user name or any commonly used password.
- When the Reset Password letter is sent by the Update/Notify Users job or from the Send Message drop-down list, the link is active for one week. When the letter is sent from the Forgot Password? link, it is active for one hour.
- In the Reset Password screen, users are asked to enter their user names or email addresses. If users enter their user names, emails are sent to the users' preferred addresses. If users type in email addresses, the system searches for the specified email addresses and if they are located, uses these email addresses even if they aren't the preferred addresses. If an email address is not located or belongs to more than one user, no email is sent.
For more information on logging into Alma, see Logging Into and Out of the User Interface.