- Product: Alma
How to add or edit a fixed Due Date policy (e.g. End of Term, Semester, other Event)?
This question typically is raised upon new semester, and is triggered by a loan giving unexpected due date. Or, when testing loan due date with the: Fulfillment Configuration Utility.
Under the Fulfillment Configuration Menu:
- ADD AN EVENT IN: OPENING HOURS
- Go to: Configuration > depending on the setup, select the Library or stay in the Institution (Libraries inherit events and exceptions from the institution. However, libraries do not inherit institution opening hours; opening hours must be defined for each library.)
- Fulfillment > Opening Hours > Add Record > Record Type: Event.
- Recurrence: No recurrence
- Fixed date description: give indication, e.g. "End of Term Spring 2020".
- Date: Due date for this type of loan. "To Date" should extend to, or beyond the "End of Term" due date.
- Remember to click "Apply Changes".
- LINK THIS EVENT TO THE DUE DATE POLICY IN: ADVANCED POLICY CONFIGURATION
- Go to: Configuration > Fulfillment > stay at the Institution level.
- Select: Advanced Policy Configuration.
- Filter "Policy Type" to: "Due Date".
- Find the existing Policy, or add a new one.
- Actions > Edit > Make sure the "Value" uses the Event defined above.
- ENSURE THE LOAN TOU USES THE CORRECT DUE DATE POLICY
- Go to: Configuration > Fulfillment > Stay at the Institution level.
- The "Due Date" drop-down menu will use the policy defined above.
- Save if needed.
At any point, test due date calculation with: Fulfillment Configuration Utility.
As needed, verify more configuration as detailed below.
- ENSURE THAT THE "FULFILLMENT UNIT" INCLUDES THIS ITEM LOCATION AND HAS CORRECT LOAN RULES
- Go to: Configuration > Fulfillment > stay at Institution level.
- Click: Fulfillment Units.
- Click the Code for the correct Fulfillment Unit.
- If in doubt, at any point, check combination of user and item barcode with the : Fulfillment Configuration Utility
- The tab "Fulfillment Unit Locations" tab should include the item location.
- Next, check the "Fulfillment Unit Rules" tab.
- Keep the filter of "Rule Type" to stay with: "Loan".
- View, Edit or Add a rule that will ensure the preferred due date TOU is in effect (rules are read from top to bottom, looking for match based on User Group, Item Policy, etc.).
- Save if needed.
Article last edited: 31-MAR-2020