How to associate PO Lines for donated or free items with a fund
- Article Type: General
- Product: Alma
Desired Outcome Goal:
Associate PO lines for donated or free items with a fund in Alma so that information about donations, gifts, or other free materials can viewed in the Funds Expenditure Subject Area in Analytics as POL's associated with funds may not have a cost of $0.00.
1. Create a separate Ledger and at least one allocated fund for the purpose of tracking donated items.
2. Ensure that the fund rules are configured to allow for over-expenditure and over-encumbrance of the allocated fund.
2. In POL's for donated items assign a value to the item, either the actual list price or any arbitrary value.
3. Assign the POL to the gift fund and save the PO.
By using a fund from a separate ledger, the task of keeping information about imaginary funds expenditures related to gifts, donations, and other free items. If there are real costs associated processing these items, these costs can be added to the invoice using a separate fund.
Category: Acquisitions - Alma
- Article last edited: 3/5/2015