- Product: Alma
How to change user records from one record type to another (e.g. from Public to Staff)?
Note that you can't use SIS to update the patron's record type.
Please refer to the instructions below for using an API to make this change.
User ‚sandrab‘ has record type = Staff:
2. Retrieve the user details via GET:
3. Copy the user object XML to Notepad++ and change the record_type to PUBLIC.
4. Send this modified XML via PUT:
The user now has Record Type = Public
For more information see Users and Fulfillment APIs
It should also be possible to update the users through the "Users" (SIS) Integration Profile:
- Make sure that the SYNCHRONIZE section has "Record Type" with the preferred information (Staff, or Public).
- Include the preferred Record Type in the XML:
- Article last edited: 22-APR-2022