- Product: Alma
How to create User Block Definitions?
Steps to create a new user block:
1) Decide which actions may be blocked ("BlockedAction") — loan, renew, and/or requests.
Out of the box actions are:
01 – LOAN
02 – LOAN, RENEW
03 – LOAN, RENEW, HOLD
-- To implement the "Block to Blocked Actions" Mapping table, please contact Ex Libris.
2) The block description is configured in:
Configuration > Fulfillment > User Block Description
3) Select the "BlockedAction" ID (defined in step #1), the description (defined in step #2), the type value, and 'overridable' flag.
Set-up in: Configuration > Fulfillment > User Block Definitions.
The Online Help explains in the page for "Configuring User Block Descriptions and Definitions" is clicked here.
* A detailed "Fulfillment - Understanding patron blocks - Librarian assigned and system assigned" can be found in the page "Presentations and Documents - Fulfillment", the document direct link is here.
- Article last edited: 19-JAN-2018