- Product: Alma
An Import Profile worked before, but new files fail to load with error : "Failed during Parsing record".
Import Profiles are setup to expect either an XML files or *.mrc
- Review the input file's extension (*.xml or *.mrc)
- Select Alma [F2] > "Configuration Menu" (under: Resource Management, or Acquisition)
- Select: Import Profiles
- Find the Import Profile which shows the error
- Select: Actions > Edit
- Verify that the "Physical source format" matches the format of the input file ("MARC21 Binary" applies for extensions *.mrc, and "MARC21 XML" is for XML files)
- Save and run another import
The MARC ISO file format is incorrect.
If the file ends with a 1D record terminator (=ASCII GS "Group Separator") followed by some characters, Alma will try and parse these characters as another record, and the validation will fail.
Check that there are no 1D record terminator (diplayed as GS in Notepad++) and trailing characters after the last record. Remove if present.
- Article last edited: 15-Feb-2014