- Article Type: General
- Product: Alma
Alma is configured not to generate barcodes, and yet barcodes are generated when clicking 'Create and Receive', or, 'Receive and set Barcodes'. The numbers start with initials: DB
After the March 2014 Release, it is possible to bypass the warning: 'The item does not have a barcode. Are you sure you want to perform this action?'. This warning is redundant if barcode generation is not needed, but it affects system behavior
As before the March 2014 Release, generation of barcodes depends on the Resource Configuration Menu > Barcode Generation:
* Barcodes are generated if 'Barcode Generation' is set to 'Prefix +sequence'
* Barcodes are not generated if 'Barcode Generation' is set to 'None'
After the March 2014 first hotfix, Alma also checks the Acquisition Configuration Menu > Receiving Department Validations
* If "Check if item has a barcode" is set to 'Yes', Alma will generate a warning screen that says 'The item does not have a barcode. Are you sure you want to perform this action?'
* If "Check if item has a barcode" is set to 'No', Alma will not generate the warning screen and won't autopupulate the barcode field
Category: Acquisitions - Alma
Subject: receiving - Alma
- Article last edited: 3/9/2014