- Product: Alma
How can MarcEdit integrate with Alma?
Integration was developed and kindly shared by Terry Reese at: http://blog.reeset.net/archives/1950
For step by step and very clear instructions, see: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/blog/Setting-up-the-Alma-MARCEdit-integration-for-Bib-Records
Users shared tips:
* Windows Office PC needs to be open to TCP 1921 (for the Z39.50 connection); Using VPN can solve connection issues at some libraries.
* Ensure your Institution's correct Alma URL is used in the Z39.50 Database Properties (sandbox, production, etc.). In some cases Z39.50 information needs to be re-added and saved.
* Hostname has to have HTTPS: https://api-na.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com
* If testing on Sandbox, check that the API is configured for Sandbox; same regarding test on Production. More at: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/apis
* One library has kindly shared examples of how to test the application APIs:
-- The first one is the test of the BIB API (use your own MMS ID and API Key):
https://api-na.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/almaws/v1/bibs/[paste MMS ID here without square brackets]?apikey=[paste API Key here without square brackets]
-- The second is the test of the USERS API
https://api-na.hosted.exlibrisgroup....&apikey=[paste API Key here without square brackets]
- Article last edited: 2-FEB-2018