- Product: Alma
An item is on loan and at the same time requested for personal delivery by another patron. When it is returned, it is often sent to another desk first. Why is that?
It is hardcoded that such an item is first sent to its home library. The personal delivery is initiated from there once it is scanned in. Enabling a personal delivery directly from the return desk would require an enhancement request, it is currently not configurable.
The following three situations are possible. (PD = personal delivery)
- SITUATION 1: Desk at item home library supports PD
- after return the item is sent to the home library, PD is done from there
- SITUATION 2: Desk at item home library does not support PD, return desk supports PD
- after return the item is directly sent to patron address
- SITUATION 3: Desk at item home library does not support PD, return desk does not support PD
- after return the item is sent to any other library supporting PD, provided there is one and the delivery is allowed.
- Article last edited: 22-May-2019