- Article Type: General
- Product: Alma
* A restore request slip for an item is printed.
* On checking the item it is noticed that the due back date is in the future. The restore request slip was apparently printed too early.
Due Back Date was manually changed.
Cancel the restore request.
In this case the due back date already passed and was then manually changed. You can check in the item history if this was done in your case as well.
Note that the restore request was already triggered. Changing a due back date does not automatically delete existing requests.
So this is the recommended workflow for manually changing a due back date:
1. Check if the old due back date is in the past. If not, you can just change it. If yes, in addition to changing it the following is necessary:
2. Search the restore request, for example via the function "Monitor Requests and Work Orders".
3. Cancel the request.
Subject: Fulfillment infrastructure
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013