- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Alma
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
Trying to import an Excel file using the import option in User Statistical Categories - causes an error ("It seems that the file is not an EXCEL file").
How to load User Statistical Categories?
Attached is a sample.
CAUTION -- in testing the file on out Sandbox, the import did overwrite all existing User Statistical Categories!
Please first export the list (using the Tools button), paste the columns for Code and Description in this sample spreadsheet, and add the rest of the categories.
1. There is one known issue of inability to load the file if it contains hundreds of rows.
2. Some users advise to sort the list alphabetically in Excel, before loading to Alma. It will help detecting duplicate rows, and sort it better in Alma.
3. Mac users report that loading only worked when using MS Excel on Windows. Excel on a Mac was unable to produce a file that Alma would accept.
See also new article with clear steps: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Knowledge_Articles/Statistical_categories_in_user_records_and_Analytics
Category: User Management
- Article last edited: 04-FEB-2018