- Product: Alma
I keep encountering a "Failed to move item" error message when attempting to change the permanent location of an item; why can't I move this item?
You may be missing a subfield in your 852 holdings field, which can cause this error to occur. Take the following steps to add an 852 subfield and update the location:
1. Open a holdings record that currently resides in the target permanent location.
2. Click the View
3. Copy/paste the 852 field into a .txt file for reference.
4. Do a physical items search for the barcode of the item to be moved
5. Click 'Edit Item'
6. Click 'View all holdings'
7. Row actions > Edit
8. Compare the 852 field with the saved 852 field for missing subfields; if one is absent you may enter a more accurate value or create a new subfield: $$* UNASSIGNED
9. Save the record
10. Go back and do a physical items search for the items barcode
11. Click 'Edit Item'
12. Under 'Location Information', select the holdings location you want to move it to.
13. Save the record.