- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Alma
Why do the encumbrance and disencumbrance timestamp appear to be identical when they actually occurred at different times?
Procedure / Replication Steps:
1. Create POL.
2. Go to Funds & Ledgers to check Fund -- Shows an Encumbrance only.
3. Run auto package
4. Go to Funds & Ledgers to check Fund -- No difference in Transaction view in fund. Still shows only an encumbrance.
5. Receive item and check transaction view in fund again. – no change.
6. Manually create invoice. Save and continue.
7. Go to Funds & Ledgers to check Fund, M. Humanities. Time stamp for Disencumbrance, Encumbrance and Expenditure is identical. Why? (At least 18 minutes passed between when the funds were encumbered and the POL was fully invoiced.)
The timestamp for the Disencumbrance and Expenditure would be AFTER the timestamp for Encumbrance.
Funds are disencumbered once the invoice has been saved and the timestamp is tied to the encumbrance date + one millisecond.
So, even though the encumbrance/disencumbrance appear to happen at the same time, they do not. Rather, the timestamps are set by Alma so that they will always be sorted together in the transaction list.
- Article last edited: 2/18/2015