- Article Type: General
- Product: Alma
Search in WorldCat External Resource, or in AMICUS, results in this message: "An error has occurred, please try again later and contact the system administrator." (Z39.50 gate error: Connection rejected by the Z39.50 database server.)"
OCLC WorldCat requires userId and password. If connection has worked before, please check that the current password is entered in Alma as well.
The steps are:
1.Go to: Resource Management Configuration Menu > External Search Resources
2. Click: WorldCat
3. In the "Credentials" field type the userId and password, using this format: userID/PASSWORD. For example, if the userId is walt and the password is whitman, enter: walt/whitman
1. Some customers find that simply re-typing the known credentials - solved the connection error.
2. Note that for these credentials - is this an OCLC Connexion userid/password with full cataloging privileges. Customers have reported that it is not possible to use Catexpress ID or FirstSearch login.
3. In some cases, this helped, to delete and add again the configuration, from: Resource Configuration Menu > External Search Resources.
Click here for the Online Help.
We found relevant information at the OCLC page: https://www.oclc.org/support/service..._guide.en.html
ID Authentication - OCLC supports ID/authentication as prescribed by the standard. We recognize the userId and password fields; the groupId field is ignored. The service patron password is the password that must be used.
- Article last edited: 14-JUL-2017