When uploading holdings using the Elsevier Upload Electronic Holdings integration profile, multiple Excel lines of the same ISSN and with different coverages are concatenated and uploaded as one portfolio with multiple coverages, provided Ex Libris Support has configured an internal parameter correctly.
Prerequisite Tasks for Creating the Ovid Integration Profile
- Contact Ovid Customer Support to obtain the account information required for the integration profile. See Obtaining Your Ovid Account Information.
- Activate the Ovid electronic collections from the Alma Community Zone. See Activating the Ovid Electronic Collectins from the Alma Community Zone.
Obtaining Your Ovid Account Information
- User name
- Ovid group name
Activating the Ovid Electronic Collections from the Alma Community Zone
- Books@Ovid Subscription Complete
- Books@Ovid Purchase Complete
- Journals@Ovid Complete
Creating the Ovid Integration Profile
- On the Integration Profile List page (Configuration Menu > General > External Systems > Integration Profiles), select Add Integration Profile.
For Integration Type, select the Upload Electronic Holdings option. The page dynamically updates.Upload Electronic Holdings Type of Integration Profile
For Vendor, select OVID.When you run the Upload Electronic Holdings integration profile, the job report naming convention reflects the vendor option that you select for this parameter.
Select Next. Step 2 of the wizard appears.External Systems and Actions Section
- Enter the user name, password, and Ovid group account information that you received from Ovid.
- Select Active.
- Select a scheduling option.
Save the profile using one of the following options:
- Select Save. The integration profile is scheduled and appears in the list of scheduled jobs (see Viewing All Scheduled Jobs).
- Select Save and Run Now. This saves your profile settings and immediately queues the upload to run. The Save and Run Now button also appears on the Actions tab when you edit the profile.