Japanese libraries use the NACSIS central catalog for metadata management and ILL. NACSIS manages detailed information about its member institutions, such as contact details, ILL policy terms, and other relevant information. This information is available for any member of the catalog to search and view. Japanese Alma customers working with the NACSIS catalog can view this information for other institutions and can edit their own information directly from Alma.
- Install the NACSIS-CAT/ILL cloud app from the Cloud App Center (see Configuring Cloud Apps).
Searching for NACSIS Member Information in Alma
From within Alma, you can search for member records in NACSIS.
- In Alma, open the Cloud App center and select the NACSIS-CAT/ILL app.
- Within the app, open the Members section. The panel opens with fields by which you can search NACSIS member information.
- Expand the Members search panel for convenience. Select the button on the panel.
- Select the desired search criteria and then select Search.
- All members that match the search criteria appear below on the same page. You can perform the below actions:
To: Do: View the institution information
- Make sure that 'All' is selected in the Owner field.
- Select the ID link for the desired member OR Select View in the row actions.
Edit your own information
- Select 'Mine' in the Owner field. Your record appears.
- Edit the desired information and select Save.
Note that the fields that were created by NACSIS in the registration phase cannot be edited. These are the following fields:
- Participating organization code & date
- Participating organization name
- Participating organization abbreviation
- Region (prefecture) code
- Establisher type
- Institution type
- CAT participation type
- ILL participation type
- Location Code
- Offset cod