We'd also like to take this opportunity to update you on the following:
The following is an overview of NERS Enhancements that have already been implemented or will be implemented in the coming months.
- Associating multiple printers to a department/circulation desk. Delivery: January 2019 release.
- Online print queues, which allows reports to be maintained on the platform. Delivery: Early access for NERS representatives in the June 2019 release.
- Automatic printing through the browser. This is an additional development that was not part of the original NERS enhancement. Delivery: Early access for NERS representatives in Q3 2019.
DARA (Data Analysis Recommendation Assistant) was introduced as part of the March release. It attracted wide attention and interest on the part of the Alma community.
Statistics show that for more than 300 institutions at least one recommendation was generated. ~72% of the recommendations were for loading SUSHI, and ~27% were recommendations for automating manual workflows. More than 100 of these recommendations were implemented.
Switching SAML Certificates
The original SAML Signed Certificate will expire in October. Replace the certificate for Alma and/or Primo VE, as determined by your institution's IT department. If replacing the certificate, this must be done in coordination with your IDP. For more information, please see Replacing a Signed Certificate.
Upcoming Issues of Note
- In July, the GET bibliographic record API and the SRU API will return calculated summary information in the AVA field $$v instead of $$h.
Alma Statistics (as of April 1, 2019)
- We have more than 1.2 billion bibliographic records across all regions.
- Over 1.7 billion API calls in the last three months, with the following top three regions:
- EU – 766+ million
- APAC – 498+ million
- NA – 444+ million
- More than 93 million loans across all regions.
- More than 6 million requests across all regions.
Idea Exchange Statistics
- 76 ideas have a Planned status.
- 170 ideas have already been completed.
- Approximately 300 people interacted with Alma on Idea Exchange in the last 30 days.
What's New Videos
- There are 950+ subscribers to Alma’s What’s New Videos.
- The current top video, Add SUSHI Account to Vendor via Search, has about 660 views.
- The Improved Feedback Messages video has about 570 views.
- The Check Availability and Pricing at Select External Vendors video has about 440 views.
Stay Tuned and Watch This Space!
Ex Libris and the Alma Product Working Group are in the process of testing a great new initiative for giving easy access to known issues in Alma. Plans are to release this to the wider Alma community in the coming months.
The Alma Development team is in the process of a major infrastructure update to a next generation business intelligence analytics tool. More details will be available soon.