Dublin Core Support for Bulk Ingest of Bibliographic Records
Alma now includes enhanced support for Dublin Core format for bibliographic records.
- In the MD Editor, when adding a metadata element with an encoding schema, a list of the schemas appears in a drop-down list. For example: Dublin Core Encoding Schema
- The dcterms namespace was added for DC elements in the MD Editor and when creating import profiles that use the DC format. DCtermsThis is configured in Resource Management > Resource Configuration > Configuration Menu > Cataloging > Metadata Configuration:Metadata Configuration - Qualified Dublin Core
- In View mode, the namespaces and encoding schema now appear for records in DC format. DC Namespaces
- You can select DC fields as conditions when performing an advanced search: Advanced Search Conditions
Additional Digital Resource Management Enhancements
- In mobile devices, PDF files are now displayed as download links, so that you can download these files and view them using a PDF viewer.
- The job report produced when selecting Remove All to remove all titles from a collection (Resource Management > Search and Sets > Managing Collections > Actions > Edit) now displays the number of titles that were not removed from the collection because they contain digital inventory.