- Article Type: General
- Product: DigiTool
- Product Version: 3
How do I create Collection Management Group?
Collection management groups are an optional sub-setting within an admin unit owned collection to define which specific collections/sub-collections that may be edited by a staff user.
Here is how to define and use the collection groups:
1. Define the collection groups in /exlibris/dtl/u3_1/dat01/tab/pc_tab_exp_field.eng.
For example, by default there are four group definitions:
COLL-MNG-GROUP L All Groups ADMIN
COLL-MNG-GROUP L Art Group ART
COLL-MNG-GROUP L History Group HISTORY
COLL-MNG-GROUP L Multimedia MULTI
2. In the Meditor, assign a collection group to a staff user, for example, assign the ART group to user “staff”.
Note that by default, all users belong to the ADMIN group.
3. When the “staff” user creates a collection in the DTL02 admin unit, this new collection belongs to the “ART” group and the DTL02 admin unit.
4. Only users who belong to the ART or ADMIN groups will be able to login to the DTL02 admin unit to edit this new collection.
Collection Management, Group
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013