- Article Type: General
- Product: DigiTool
- Product Version: 3
In Meditor, Object/Delete Selected Object works only if there are no manifestations of the object. If there is a related manifestation, an attempt to delete the object results in the message "Error deleting object in repository [the Digital Entity has a 'manifestation']". So 1) how do you delete an object that has a manifestation? 2) how do you delete the whole family of manifestations?
To delete a single object that has a manifestation in Meditor, you need to first remove its relation to aother objects as below:
1) Open the object in the Meditor
2) Click “Manifestations”, “Part of” or “Includes" tab in the editor panel to see the related PID
3) Right click the related PID and delete the relation
After all the relation is deleted, you will be able to use "Object/Delete Selected Object" function to delete the object.
If you want to delete the whole family of manifestations, you can do it in the web management module:
1) Log on to the web management module, select the unit to which the object belongs.
2) Click “Maintenance” on the menu bar
3) Select “Delete Digital Entities" service, make sure the check box of "Delete Related Objects" is checked, then enter the object pid as "Start PID" and "End PID" before clicking "Submit"
manifestation meditor delete
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013