Implement Location Sort Order for Voyager VPRIMO
- Product: Primo, Voyager
- Product Version: Voyager 9 + Primo 4.8 (and all later versions)
How to implement Primo extract's Location Sort Order feature, introduced in Voyager 9.0.0?
- Decide which locations to sort and in what order.
- Update PrimoExp-Publishing.ini and PrimoExp-Selective.ini with the location codes and order of locations in the [LocationSortOrder] stanza. Be sure ordering matches in both files.
- Re-extract database so all records now have applicable location sort numbering by running Selective extract. (See How to run Selective extract)
- Schedule a pipe process in Primo to collect the extracted records & update Primo.
Locations not specified in LocationSortOrder will appear after sorted locations in alphabetical order.
For example, if PrimoExp-Selective.ini contains location codes in this order:
and a bibliographic record contains holdings at main, reference, biology and agriculture locations, the holdings will appear in the order
- Article last edited: 20-Sep-2018